כּנור דוד

Kinnor David - "a most attractive blog".

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Celebrate the UN's International Day of Solidarity with the PLO Arabs!

As I stand on this rostrum, the long and proud history of my people unravels itself before my inward eye. I see the oppressors of our people over the ages as they pass one another in evil procession into oblivion. I stand here before you as the representative of a strong and flourishing people which has survived them all and which will survive this shameful exhibition and the proponents of this resolution.

The great moments of Jewish history come to mind as I face you, once again outnumbered and the would-be victim of hate, ignorance and evil. I look back on those great moments. I recall the greatness of a nation which I have the honor to represent in this forum. I am mindful at this moment of the Jewish people throughout the world wherever they may be, be it in freedom or in slavery, whose prayers and thoughts are with me at this moment.

I stand here not as a supplicant. Vote as your moral conscience dictates to you. For the issue is neither Israel nor Zionism. The issue is the continued existence of this organization, which has been dragged to its lowest point of discredit by a coalition of despots and racists.

Chaim Herzog, Ambassador of the State of Israel to the UN, on the UN's infamous "Zionism is Racism" resolution.

1 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Those at the UN hate Israel because the Jews refuse to be victims and the UN peddles in fake noblesse oblige to the underdog.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home